Friday night is pizza night at my house. This week we had a craving for our favorite, the Martini Pizza from Circle J’s in Grants Pass, Oregon. This quirky restaurant has a variety of unique pizzas but the Martini is my favorite. Since I’m a vegetarian I get this delicious pizza minus the ham. Unfortunately being in Southern California we are certainly out of the radius for take-out.
Since I don’t have easy access to my favorite pizza I’ve come up with a simple, fast, copy-cat recipe to tide me over between my visits to Southern Oregon. I’m sharing my recipe for the Vegetarian Martini Pizza here for all to enjoy! The combination of the olives, onion and artichoke hearts is delicious. The cream sauce has a hint of garlic which compliments the other toppings nicely. If using an alfredo sauce add some garlic-freshly pressed, roasted or even a sprinkle of garlic powder.
My version is for a quick, after work dinner. I usually use premade dough which cuts down on prep time but if time allows use your own favorite pizza dough recipe to act as the base for this pizza.
Vegetarian Martini PizzaPrint This
- 1 Pizza crust (homemade or store-bought - I use Trader Joe's refrigerated or frozen pizza crusts)
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Smoked Mozzarella, shredded
- 3 TBSP sliced green olives
- 3 TBSP Alfredo Sauce or Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jar of drained artichoke hearts
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Set out the refrigerated dough for 15-20 minutes to bring to room temperature. Roll dough out using a tablespoon of flour if needed.
- Spread the white sauce onto the crust and top with both types of mozzarella, olives, red onion and artichoke hearts.
- Cook for approximately 10 -15 minutes or for the time indicated by the specific pizza crust you used.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!